POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Customer Service Associate is the frontline marketplace support for resolution of inbound customer issues relating to orders, accounts, or other aspects of the customer experience. The Customer Service Associate will own many aspects of customer support; from building scripts for phone/email to driving initiatives to improve day-to-day processes. This role oversees the day-to-day actions of the customer service representatives, as well as formal training sessions upon initial hire and ongoing coaching.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure all customer interactions are actioned and resolved in a timely and personal manner
• Lead daily product returns and ensure items are returned to stock in a timely manner
• Partner with operations team / order fulfillment team for customer and fulfillment related needs
• Add value for customers by building relationships and trust through customer interactions
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of services, become a product expert
• Solicit customer feedback to improve service
• Identify and communicate trends/improvements which could help drive the e-Commerce business
• Troubleshoot customer problems encountered within the digital self-service experience
• Work closely with appropriate stakeholders to resolve customer-facing issues
• Prepare and report quarterly customer service analysis
• Work with Ecommerce team on related initiatives and activities as needed
• Work closely with finance to resolve any variances between Ecommerce Platform, POS System, WMS and to help win customer chargeback
• Monitor suspicious transactions and report any unusual activity to appropriate departments
• Investigate and provide timely solution oriented outcomes related to client concerns
• Assist customer service staff with duties where required
• Strategize and monitor daily activities of customer service operations
• Performs additional duties as needed
• Ability in applying empathy in customer contact situations while balancing corporate policy
• Demonstrates ability to consistently engage and connect with customers
• Possess strong customer service and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
• Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
• Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
• Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours including occasional weekend and holidays based on business need
• Strong sense of urgency
• Ability to think outside of the box for problem solving resolution
• Define procedures for team
• Oversee product exchanges and returns.
• Assist and resolve escalated major incidents
• Provide phone scripts and email templates for customer service representatives
• Keep abreast of all company products and services.
• Isolate and identify areas of improvement.
• Interacts with various levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Oral Communication
• Problem Solving
• Decision Making
• Interpersonal Skills
• Multi-tasking Skills
• Strategic Problem Solving
• Results Oriented
• Time Management
• Proficient knowledge of customer service, and standard office practices and procedures.
• Excellent phone etiquette.
• Investigate customer's problems and find solutions.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Strong people skills.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Minimum of 3 years Customer Service experience, 2 years Ecommerce highly preferred
• Previous retail or call center experience
• Knowledge of order management skills beginning from placement of order to delivery
• Knowledge in Ecommerce fulfillment (process and shipping)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
• Exceptional verbal, written and interposal communication skills
• Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks/projects